Before you scroll, read this
We collect some data about you
Affiliate services may have their own policies
We use your data to make Renavest better
You can control your experience
If you have questions about how we use data, just ask https://www.renavestapp.com/contact
1. Information We Collect
The information we collect when you use Renavest falls into three categories.
1.1 Information you provide us.
To use some of our products and services you need to have an account, and to create an account, you need to provide us certain information. Likewise, if you use our paid products and services, we cannot provide them to you without getting payment information. Basically, certain information is necessary if you want to use many of our products and services.
● Personal Accounts. If you create an account, you must provide us with some information so that we can provide our services to you. This includes a display name (for example, “Creators”); a username (for example, @RenavestCreators); a password; an email address or phone number; a date of birth; your display language; and third-party single sign-in information (if you choose this sign-in method). You can also choose to share your location in your profile and posts, and to upload your address book to Renavest to help find people you may know. Your profile information, which includes your display name and username, is always public, but you can use either your real name or a pseudonym. And remember, you can create multiple Renavest accounts, for example, to express different parts of your identity, professional or otherwise.
● Professional Accounts. If you create a professional account, you also need to provide us with a professional category, and may provide us with other information, including street address, contact email address, and contact phone number, all of which will always be public.
● Payment Information. In order to purchase ads or other offerings provided as part of our paid products and services you will need to provide us payment information, including your credit or debit card number, card expiration date, CVV code, and billing address.
● Preferences. When you set your preferences using your settings, we collect that information so that we can respect your preferences.
● Biometric Information. Based on your consent, we may collect and use your biometric information for safety, security, and identification purposes.
● Job Applications / Recommendations. We may collect and use your personal information (such as your employment history, educational history, employment preferences, skills and abilities, job search activity and engagement, and so on) to recommend potential jobs for you, to share with potential employers when you apply for a job, to enable employers to find potential candidates, and to show you more relevant advertising.
1.2 Information we collect when you use Renavest.
When you use our services, we collect information about how you use our products and services. We use that information to provide you with products and services, to help keep Renavest more secure and respectful for everyone, and more relevant to you.
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity on Renavest, including:
● Posts and other content you post (including the date, application, and version of Renavest) and information about your broadcast activity (e.g., Spaces), including broadcasts you’ve created and when you created them, your lists, bookmarks, and communities you are a part of.
● Your interactions with other users’ content, such as reposts, likes, bookmarks, shares, replies, if other users mention or tag you in content or if you mention or tag them, and broadcasts you’ve participated in (including your viewing history, listening, commenting, speaking, and reacting).
● How you interact with others on the platform, such as people you follow and people who follow you, metadata related to encrypted messages, and when you use direct messages, including the contents of the messages, the recipients, and date and time of messages.
● If you communicate with us, such as through email, we will collect information about the communication and its content.
● We collect information on links you interact with across our services (including in our emails sent to you).
Purchase and payments. To allow you to make a payment or send money using Renavest features or services, including through an intermediary, we may receive information about your transaction such as when it was made, when a subscription is set to expire or auto-renew, and amounts paid or received.
Device Information. We collect information from and about the devices you use to access Renavest, including:
● Information about your connection, such as your IP address, browser type, and related information.
● Information about your device and its settings, such as device and advertising ID, operating system, carrier, language, memory, apps installed, and battery level.
● Your device address book, if you’ve chosen to share it with us.
Location Information. When you use Renavest, we collect some information about your approximate location to provide the service you expect, including showing you relevant ads. You can also choose to share your current precise location or places where you’ve previously used Renavest by enabling these settings in your account.
Inferred Identity. We may collect or receive information that we use to infer your identity as detailed below:
● When you sign into Renavest on a browser or device, we will associate that browser or device with your account. Subject to your settings, we may also associate your account with browsers or devices other than those you use to sign into Renavest (or associate your signed-out device or browser with other browsers or devices or Renavest-generated identifiers).
● When you provide other information to Renavest, including an email address or phone number, we associate that information with your Renavest account. Subject to your settings, we may also use this information in order to infer other information about your identity, for example by associating your account with hashes of email addresses that share common components with the email address you have provided to Renavest.
● When you access Renavest and are not signed in, we may infer your identity based on the information we collect.
Log Information. We may receive information when you view content on or otherwise interact with our products and services, even if you have not created an account or are signed out, such as:
● IP address and related information; browser type and language; operating system; the referring webpage; access times; pages visited; location; your mobile carrier; device information (including device and application IDs); search terms and IDs (including those not submitted as queries); ads shown to you on Renavest; Renavest-generated identifiers; and identifiers associated with cookies.
We also receive log information when you click on, view, or interact with links on our services, including when you install another application through Renavest.
Advertisements. When you view or interact with ads we serve on or off Renavest, we may collect information about those views or interactions (e.g., watching a video ad or preroll, clicking on an ad, interacting with reposts of or replies to an ad).
Interactions with our content on third-party sites. When you view our content on third-party websites that integrate Renavest content such as embedded timelines or post buttons, we may receive log information that includes the web page you visited.
1.3 Information we receive from third parties.
When you use other online products and services, they may share information about that usage with us.
Other Third Parties, Account Connections, and Integrations. We may receive information about you from third parties who are not our ad partners, such as other Renavest users, developers, and partners who help us evaluate the safety and quality of content on our platform, our corporate affiliates, and other services you link to your Renavest account. You may choose to connect your Renavest account to your account on another service, and that other service may send us information about your account on that service.
2. How We Use Information
Breaking down how we use the information we collect is not simple because of the way the systems that bring our services to you work. For example, the same piece of information may be used differently for different purposes to ultimately deliver a single service. We think it’s most useful to describe the five main ways we use information and if you have questions that are not answered, you can always contact us https://www.renavestapp.com/contact. Here we go:
2.1 Operate, improve, and personalize our services.
We use the information we collect to provide and operate Renavest products and services. We also use the information we collect to improve and personalize our products and services so that you have a better experience on Renavest, including by showing you more relevant content and ads, suggesting people and topics to follow, enabling and helping you discover affiliates, third-party apps, and services. We may use the information we collect and publicly available information to help train our machine learning or artificial intelligence models for the purposes outlined in this policy.
We may use the information we collect from accounts of other services that you choose to connect your Renavest account to provide you features like cross-posting or cross-service authentication and to operate our services.
We use your contact information to help others find your account if your settings permit, including through third-party services and client applications.
2.2 Foster safety and security.
We use information we collect to provide for the safety and security of our users, our products, services, and your account. This includes verifying your identity, authenticating your account, and defending against fraud, unauthorized use, and illegal activity. We also use the information to evaluate and affect the safety and quality of content on Renavest - this includes investigating and enforcing our policies and and terms, as well as applicable law.
2.3 Measure, analyze and make our services better.
We use the information we collect to measure and analyze the effectiveness of our products and services and to better understand how you use them in order to make them better.
2.4 Communicate with you about our services.
We use the information we collect to communicate with you about our products and services, including about product updates and changes to our policies and terms. If you’re open to hearing from us, we may also send you marketing messages from time to time.
We use information you share with us, or that we collect to conduct research, surveys, product testing, and troubleshooting to help us operate and improve our products and services.
3. Sharing Information
You should know the ways we share your information, why we share it, and how you can control it. There are five general ways we share your information.
3.1 When you post and share.
With the general public. You are directing us to disclose that information as broadly as possible. Renavest content, including your profile information (e.g., name/pseudonym, username, profile pictures), is available for viewing by the general public. The public does not need to be signed in to view some content on Renavest. They may also find Renavest content off of Renavest, for example from search query results on Internet search engines.
With other Renavest users. Depending on your settings, and based on the Renavest products and services you use, we share:
● Your interactions with Renavest content of other users, such as likes, and people you follow.
● Content you send to a specific Renavest user, such as through direct messages. Please keep in mind that if you’ve shared information like Direct Messages or protected posts with someone else who accesses Renavest through a third-party service, the information may be shared with the third-party service.
3.2 With third parties & third-party integrations.
With service providers. We may share your information with our service providers that perform functions and provide services on our behalf, including payment services providers who facilitate payments; service providers that host our various blogs and wikis; service providers that help us understand the use of our services; applicant tracking system providers to send and receive applicant and job data to potential employers; and those that provide fraud detection services.
With advertisers. Advertising revenue enables us to provide our products and services. Advertisers may learn information from your engagement with their ads on or off Renavest. For example, if you click on an external link or ad on our services, that advertiser or website operator might figure out that you came from Renavest, along with other information associated with the ad you clicked, such as characteristics of the audience it was intended to reach and other Renavest-generated identifiers for that ad. They may also collect other personal information from you, such as cookie identifiers, or your IP address.
Third-party content & integrations. We share or disclose your information with your consent or at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-part web client or application to access your account or when you direct us to share your feedback with a business. Similarly, to improve your experience, we work with third-party partners to display their video content on Renavest or to allow cross-platform sharing. When you watch or otherwise interact with content from our video or cross-platform sharing partners, they may receive and process your personal information as described in their privacy policies. For video content, you can adjust your autoplay settings if you prefer that content not to play automatically.
Through our APIs. We use technology like APIs and embeds to make public Renavest information available to websites, apps, and others for their use, for example, displaying posts on a news website or analyzing what people say on Renavest. We generally make this content available in limited quantities for free and charge licensing fees for large-scale access. We have standard terms of service that govern how this information can be used, and a compliance program to enforce these terms. But these individuals and companies are not affiliated with Renavest, and their offerings may not reflect updates you make on Renavest.
3.3 When required by law, to prevent harm, or in the public interest.
We may preserve, use, share, or disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to:
● comply with a law, regulation, legal process or governmental request
● protect the safety of any person, protect the safety or integrity of our platform, including to help prevent spam, abuse, or malicious actors on our services;
● explain why we have removed content or accounts from our services (e.g., for a violation of Our Rules);
● address fraud, security, or technical issues; or
● protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of those who use our services.
3.4 With our Affiliates.
We may share information amongst our affiliates to provide our products and services.
3.5 As a result of a change in ownership.
4. How Long We Keep Information We keep different types of information for different periods of time:
● We keep your profile information and content for the duration of your account.
● We generally keep other personally identifiable data we collect when you use our products and services for a maximum of 18 months.
● Remember public content can exist elsewhere even after you remove it from Renavest. For example, search engines and other third parties may retain copies of your posts longer, based upon their own privacy policies, even after they are deleted or expire on Renavest.
● Where you violate our Rules and your account is suspended, we may keep the identifiers you used to create the account (i.e., email address or phone number) indefinitely to prevent repeat policy offenders from creating new accounts.
● We may keep certain information longer than our policies specify in order to comply with legal requirements and for safety and security reasons.
5. Take Control
5.1 Access, Correction, Portability.
You can access, correct, or modify the information you provided to us by editing your profile and adjusting your account settings.
● You can learn more about the information we have collected or inferred about you in Your Renavest Data and request access to additional information.
● You can download a copy of your information, such as your posts, by following the instructions.
To protect your privacy and maintain security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with a deletion, portability, or other related request. We may, in certain situations, reject your request for access, correction, or portability, for example, we may reject access where you are unable to verify your identity.
5.2 Deleting Your Information.
If you follow the instructions, your account will be deactivated and your data will be queued for deletion. When deactivated, your Renavest account, including your display name, username, and public profile, will no longer be viewable on Renavest.com, Renavest for iOS, and Renavest for Android. For up to 30 days after deactivation it is still possible to restore your Renavest account if it was accidentally or wrongfully deactivated.
5.3 Objecting to, Restricting, or Withdrawing your Consent.
You can manage your privacy settings and other account features in settings. If you change your settings it may take some time for your choices to be fully reflected throughout our systems. You may also notice changes in your Renavest experience or limitations in your ability to access certain features depending on the settings you’ve adjusted. You may also manage additional settings when interacting with certain content and features on different parts of the platform, such as whether a space is recorded, or whether videos you upload are downloadable by others.
Renavest adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising (also referred to as “interest-based advertising”) and respects the DAA’s consumer choice tool for you to opt out of interest-based advertising at https://optout.aboutads.info/.
5.4 Authorized Agent Requests.
6. Your Rights and Ours
We provide Renavest to people all over the world and provide many of the same privacy tools and controls to all of our users regardless of where they live. However, your experience may be slightly different than users in other countries to ensure Renavest respects local requirements.
6.1 We have specific legal bases to use your information.
Renavest has carefully considered the legal reasons it is permitted to collect, use, share and otherwise process your information. If you want to dig in to learn more and better understand the nuances, we’d encourage you to check out additional information about data processing. And no, we don’t sell your personal information.
6.2 We move your data to make Renavest work for you.
Just as you use Renavest to seamlessly participate in global conversations with people in countries all over the world, Renavest must move information across borders and to different countries around the world to support the safe and reliable service you depend on. For example, if you live in Europe and are having a conversation with someone in the United States, information has to move between those countries to provide that experience – it’s what you expect from us.
We also use data centers and cloud providers, and engage our affiliates and third-party partners and service providers located in many parts of the world to help us provide our services. Before we move data between countries we look at the risks that may be presented to the data and rely on standard contractual clauses (SCCs), where applicable, to ensure your data rights are protected. To request a copy of the SCCs, please contact us here. If data will be shared with a third party, we require them to maintain the same protections over your data that we provide directly.
7. Renavest's Audience
Our services are not directed to children, and you may not use our services if you are under the age of 13. You must also be old enough to consent to the processing of your personal data in your country (in some countries we may allow your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf).
10. How To Contact Renavest
If you live in the United States or any other country outside of the European Union, EFTA States, or the United Kingdom, the data controller responsible for your personal data is Renavest Corp., with an address of:
10 Fan Pier Boulevard, Boston Ma 02210
You can confidentially contact Renavest's Data Protection Officer through our Data Protection Inquiry Form. If you wish to raise a concern about our data processing practices, you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority or Twitter International Unlimited Company’s lead supervisory authority, the Irish Data Protection Commission, using the firstname.lastname@example.org listed on their website.
Effective: October 20, 2023